Friday, February 13, 2009

Maple Glazed Chicken

4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
4 teaspoons lemon juice (juice of half a lemon) + zest from the half
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Whisk together syrup, soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic, ginger and pepper. Add into a freezer bag with 2 lbs. chicken. Let marinade for atleast 2 hours. After 2 hours, remove chicken and put onto barbeque. While chicken is cooking on the first side, pour the reserved marinade into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook until reduced by about half, about 4 minutes. Flip the chicken onto the second aide and liberally baste the chicken with the reduced sauce.

**This would also work as a freezer meal. Make the marinade, add into a freezer bag with the chicken and freeze. Take out of the freezer atleast 24 hours (2 days preferred) before planning to use the chicken, let defrost and cook on the barbeque.

Recipe altered from eatingwell.com

Followers

About Me

I am a busy wife and mom of five and I love to decorate my home. Whether it be shopping for that perfect accessory or finding exactly what I had in my mind at a second hand store to redo, I love it all. Having to do it on a tight budget has taught me how to DIY everything! I work from home doing some accounting work to support my habit. I have to confess...I am a decoraholic!