Thursday, July 2, 2009

Tin Can Ice Cream

This is a really fun recipe to use in the summer, on a hot day, or just for fun. Kids love rolling it back and forth (and this is a great use for used 10# food storage cans).


1 c milk
1 c whipping cream
1/2 c sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla

Mix together and put in large mason jar (I also use cleaned jars from the yummy peaches, del monte I think)and put the lid on very tightly. Place inside 10# can. Put ice and rock salt around the jar and put lid on can. Roll back and forth between people for 10 minutes. Refill ice and rock salt and roll for 5-10 more minutes. Yummy and fun ice cream.

Followers

About Me

I am a busy wife and mom of five and I love to decorate my home. Whether it be shopping for that perfect accessory or finding exactly what I had in my mind at a second hand store to redo, I love it all. Having to do it on a tight budget has taught me how to DIY everything! I work from home doing some accounting work to support my habit. I have to confess...I am a decoraholic!